Sonia Friedman Productions wins 6 Tony Awards including 4 for The Ferryman
10 June 2019
Sonia Friedman Productions is celebrating six Tony Award wins at last night’s ceremony including Best Play for The Ferryman.
The 73rd Annual Tony Awards were held on 9 June 2019 at Radio City Musical Hall in New York City.
The Ferryman was awarded four awards:
- Best Play
- Best Direction of a Play, Sam Mendes
- Best Scenic Design of a Play, Rob Howell
- Best Costume Design of a Play, Rob Howell
Ink won two awards:
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Play, Bertie Carvel
- Best Lighting, Neil Austin
Both productions continue to play on Broadway through 7 July.
These award wins bring the collective total of Tony Awards won by Sonia Friedman Productions to 30.